Monday, July 02, 2007

Our favorite past time.



For a while now I have been saying that I will post about our favorite thing that we love to do together. What could that be? Could it be taking moonlit walks on the beach, or could it be possible that our favorite thing is impromptu trips to Paris or even maybe it could be a nice evening out to a nice restaurant over a nice bottle of wine. Nope our favorite thing to do is getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes and other such friendly bugs and sleeping on the hard ground in a tent.
For me it is not about the bugs or the hard floor, but about the campfire, cooking over the fire making our hamburgers or smores, sitting there as the sun goes down and just spending quality time with hubby. yes I am such a sap. As I am just thinking about this now, when we were getting our reference letters for our home study for the the adoption, every single person who wrote a letter mentioned our love of camping.
As for our darling Maple, you just have to say the word and she is at the door looking at us and saying, come on already lets go! You said we were going camping like two seconds ago, whats the hold up?
From top to bottom, Joël dawning his lovely gun boots and heading out to enjoy the river. Throwing Mapes her stick which for some reason keeps coming back. The third pic is of my Dad and Joël. I just like the way it turned out. (As always you can click on the picture to make it bigger.)




4 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Hey there, sweetie! I won't fault you for liking camping. SOMEONE has to like it.....:-) I have to admit, the campfire part is the BEST!!!

Mammarazzi Madness said...

I love camping too ...and smores and cuddling by the fire and yes , even the darned bugs !

Tracey and Mike said...

mmmmmm, smores!!!

Anonymous said...

We used to go camping a lot before China... Haven't tried since we're back but I think we should this year. Your post reminded me very good and fun times. Thanks.