Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bonne fete avec moi (is that proper french??)

Yep, today is my birthday. What am I going to do to celebrate this momentous occasion? I am going grocery shopping, and maybe taking the dog out for her walk before I head to work. We celebrated last weekend when friends of ours came over for a bbq and they brought a dairy queen ice cream cake. Yummmmy! Hubby did make me breakfast, and Maple did demand to have cuddles and a belly rub this morning while I slept in a bit :-)
We are preparing to go camping this weekend where we are meeting up with blogger pal Juliette and Alex and Maëlle. It is going to be a blast! I just hope the weather holds out. If it is anything like it has been for the last couple days it is going to be spectacular.
This post is going to be short and sweet as I am still in my PJ'S and it is 11pm.
Till next time.
OOHHH one last thing, we know we are in the review room, Bob (one of the people who work at our agency) called and let us know that we have been questioned. I guess the nurse while taking down my height put me down as 5'7. The case worker in China looked at Joël and my picture and said noticed something was amiss. Also on Joël's medical our doc put down that he has "Gilbert's" but his liver enzymes are normal. So we had to get our Social worker to write up a paragraph about the height issue (I am actually 4'9) and our doctor to write something up about Gilberts. The doctor gave me a lot of grief. Let's just say once we are through with the adoption we will be looking for a new family doctor. When I called her she informed me that "I caught her on her last afternoon before a month vacation" and she wouldn't have time to do it before then. I was devastated as that would most likely bump us back even further. Anyways I guess I got through to her because her secretary called the next morning and the doctor had dropped the letter off to us.
Our wonderful social worker had it to us within an hour of asking for it.
Sorry no pics today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon Anniversaire! Ou Bonne Fête à toi!
We went to get a sleeping bag for Maëlle yesterday, she's getting all excited! And we too.
At what time should we meet on Saturday, 4 or 5pm? Your spot or ours?

Middle-Aged Moi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! That's great! I expect pictures of your camping trip.....:-)

Juliette said...

Hope everything is going well. We were very happy to meet you guys and had a great weekend with you. Sorry I couldn't send you the pictures of the smores and canoeing trip. I am sure the person who took my camera loved them...