Sunday, October 14, 2007

Girls night out!

Last Tuesday I had the awesome pleasure of meeting hooligans Janet T. and Juliette. Aside from nearly axing Janet and going the wrong way down a one way street, I thought she was going to call me the hooligan! Let me tell ya, I was off to a really great first impression!!!!!

We went downtown and met up with Juliette at a Zak's. It is kind of a retro 60's kinda burger joint restaurant. We shot the shit, and generally convinced Janet that Ontario is not evil!! I am truly amazed at the awesome people we have met though our adoption journey it is incredible! I feel really blessed by this. I was really down about the wait times and how they are increasing, but then I go out to dinner with these two incredible people and realize that I am not alone. O.k. sappy time over.

The nights are getting chillier, and the leaves are changing. I love this time of year! I just love all the fall colours and soon we will be raking the leaves from the front yard. Yesterday we had our first fire of the season. There is nothin like cuddling in front of the fire place watching ahem, uummm, football?????

Family friend Maureen is down from out east! We got to visit yesterday and I made a nice dinner of roast chicken and all the trimmins. I also got my behind kicked in crib and then later on, euchre. I guess my lady luck is running out.

Now that I have my camera back, as promised here is a picture of the onsie that Juliette got us back in Aug. Sorry no picture of the wine as we already drank it. Along with the onsie, at our recent meeting, I was spoiled and Baby L's referral picture will look great in this princess frame, and the love bug onesie will not get dirty with the ladybug and butterfly bib she will be sporting. Joël and I can jazz up our dinner table with this cool Chinese outfit wine cover. Too cool for words, thank you very much Juliette. You do spoil Baby L.

I should get ready for bed, this week will seem long as last week was a short week due to Canadian Thanksgiving.



Here is a picture of the onesie, click on the image and you can see it better, it is a picture of a ladybug and it says love bug. I also love the colour of the outfit.



This is the frame, and the ladybug bib and wine bottle cover. Tres cool!



Last but not least, here is a nice picture of Juliette and Janet.

4 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Hey, where are YOU in that picture? And where the picture of you dancing on the table? :-)

I had a great time too...and honestly, I didn't even realize about the one-way until it was too late! Tee hee.....:-)

Juliette said...

Ok. How did I do to miss the previous post. Happy belated Anniversary! Anyway, thanks again for a nice evening and looking forward to seeing you again on Saturday.

Juliette said...

Hello My friend,
what's going on? I can't find your address anywhere, could you please send it to me again?
Getting ready for Christmas?
I hope you'll be able to come over soon, maybe after the Holidays for a French Galette des rois? Let me know when you're free. Xoxo

Juliette said...

Hi Patti,
How are you guys? Not sure you received my email, was wondering if you are free on Sunday!
Xoxo