Sunday, October 07, 2007

Here We Go Again

In bullet points again, just cause there is a lot to catch up on.

- I actually have 3 days off work in a row. This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and was scheduled to work Monday, but a kind co-worker asked if I wanted her to take my shift. She does get a day off in lue of working Monday, but heck I have done my share of long weekends this summer. So happy Thanksgiving my Canadian friends.

- It is 12:30 on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and I am still in my P.J's. After this post I will go get dressed and take Mapes out on this beautiful fall day! I just wanted to have a day of doin nothin! Although tonight we are going to my parents for dinner.

- Tomorrow is going to be a bake feast. I am making some pies, preparing meals for the freezer for the week and I am also going to clean house! How very terribly exciting.

- Last weekend my Mother put on her own 60th birthday party for herself. She also turned it into a fund raiser for Breast Cancer awareness! When she was diagnosed almost 2 years ago, she was given a 10% chance to make it as it had spread to her lymph nodes. The woman went though Chemo and radiation without hardly a complaint! Knock on wood she is in remission and all the tests have came back clear. The doctors are amazed, we are amazed. She truly is my hero! As my husband says, your Mom is not going to die from Cancer, she is going to die from a heart attack that she will give herself for putting on events like these. He was referring to her getting down on the floor with all the kids and having a jump frog race with them. Oh Boy! Since it is October, which is Breast Cancer month, all you ladies out there don't forget to take care of the girls!

- Hubby and I just celebrated our 2 wedding anniversary. It was really nice, I got flowers delivered to my work. He picked me up the night of our anniversary. The next day we went to our favorite Italian restaurant that we go to on our anniversary. We reflected upon the year and how far we have come. Our relationship grows more and more as every day passes.

- Ick, I don't even want to post this but I think I should. CCAA (China Center for Adoption affairs) has done it again!!! They referred a whopping 5 days of LID's this month (cue the dripping sarcasm music here). So the cut off day is November 30th. Buh Bye November!! Don't let me kick you in the a** on your way out! It took CCAA 6 months to get through November 2005. I can not wait to get at least into the year 2006. I am not sure how long December 2005 is going to take but pleasssseeeee CCAA don't let it be another 6 months! I don't know how long my heart can take it!

- Last but not least, bloggy buddy Janet is in "Evil" Ontario. I am hoping that after this trip she won't think of Ontario as evil anymore. Another bloggy buddy Juliette, Alex & Maëlle, Janet and crew with Joël and I will be going out on Tuesday evening. Stay tuned for some pictures soon!

O.k. I leave you now with some pictures of the party from last weekend. My sister made the cake and the cookies, each cookie had a different word. For a bonus I will throw one cute picture of my cousins baby.



This is Mom on the ground with the kids doing the leap frog game!



This is a sample of the cookies my sister made. They were yummy too!



This is the birthday cake. Don't know if Mom wants everyone to know her age, but there ya have it!!



My Brother in laws and me!



Mom with my niece. Sorry it is crooked, don't know how to fix, can anyone help me figure it out?



This is my cousins little girl, she is too cute!

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

What a GREAT idea for a birthday party! Love it! It looks like it was a lot of fun!

I had a great time meeting you...I guess ONtario isn't ENTIRELY evil after all.....:-)